Sigma Mixer :
Excellent for kneading and mixing of highly viscous materials like dough, putty, rubber solutions, adhesives, polymers etc. The mixing action is a combination of smearing, stretching, folding, dividing and recombining as the material is processed between the sigma blades and the container walls. Jacket arrangement is provided for heating or cooling application. In bigger models the container is tilted by a hydraulic cylinder to ensure complete discharge of mass.
Sigma Mixer Operation
Sigma mixer, the
tangential action of mixing and kneading is thoroughly obtained by 'Z' (SIGMA) shaped
kneading blades, which rotates very accurately at different speed towards each
other causing product to be transferred from blade to blade. Discharge of the
mixed product is achieved by tilting the container or through the valves at the
bottom or by means of an extrusion screw below the container if provided
Sigma Mixer Options
- Discharge in sigma mixers is done by tilting container / bottom sliding valves
/ bottom gates / flush bottom gate valves.
- Tilting in sigma mixers is done by hand liver / hand wheel with lead screw /
electrical arrangements / hydraulic systems.
- Lifting of lead either manually, with help of counter weights or hydraulically.
- 'Z' Type Spiral blade / Naben / double naben blades to circulate hot / cold
water in cases of heavy masses.
- Jacketed shell for heating or cooling by steam, oil, water etc. with fiber
glass insulation over the jacket.
- Spray system for liquid addition / gas purge.
- Flame proof / Non-flame proof electrical controls.
- Sigma Mixer is a Batch type Mixer
- In sigma mixer, Mixing Trough and Blades are
fabricated from mild steel, stainless steel 304 and 316 grade.
Blades of sigma mixers are
designed to obtain thorough mixing of high viscosity materials.
Sigma Mixers Blades are
machined to keep minimum equal gap between through walls and
Sigma mixers have fixed with Heavy-duty gears to sustaion of load of Kneading.
Shaft sealing into the stuffing
boxes is provided by Teflon Chevron Rings / PTFE breaded gland rope to prevent
leaking from blade ends.
Safety Guards and Grills are provided for maximum safety in sigma mixers.